Monday, August 03, 2009

Day 2

It feels like I am saying this so often lately, but: I can't believe I haven't been here before. Well, not here exactly, because I have been to Appley, but Appley Tower. A lovely, quirky little building with great views of the beach. Perfect photo op :)

Day two of my adventures with Daniel has seen us at the beach, on the pedaloes on the canoe lake, walking miles across the seafront and spending hours in the playground. It's been huge fun and I love the different perspective that you get from going to places with a kid. Also he is very funny. New respect, though, for actual parents who do this on a regular basis. How on earth do you cope? And are they ever quiet??

Lessons from today: picnics do not need to be as big as you think, small boys are not the best pilots for pedaloes, and it is perfectly acceptable to say "I don't know, ask your mum when you get home".

No comments: