Monday, January 30, 2012

Procrastinating


I put a lot of things off.

Right now, it is that I should be opening the books to start my course. Instead, I have managed to do all kinds of things that really didn't need doing right now, but were preferable to thinking about Shakespeare. Including my financial paperwork. It must be bad.

This layout took me a week. I am not kidding. I started with three different backgrounds, and even got as far as sticking the photos down. Then I decided I didn't like it and I tore it apart, and I never do that.  I always try and make it work but it really wasn't happening. Then I saw this starting point from Shimelle, and suddenly it all came together. In my quest to use more 'stuff' on my pages, I have used no less than five layers and a whole load of embellishments (stickers! foam pads! paint spatters!) I think the plain background keeps it together, though. And for all that this page took me forever - I really, really love it.

1 comment:

Lisa-Jane said...

I think it is really really wonderful! I'm trying to put more "Stuff" on my pages too (my shelves are bending under the weight!) Are you with the OU? I'm hoping to do another course in September and keep my continuing student status otherwise I won't be able to afford it!