Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Creativity is not dead

I've had a bit of a shuffle around on my desk. Do you ever find that you never use the stuff that's neatly put away? EXACTLY. I've been saying this for years as my reason not to tidy up. Anyway, I realised that the reason I wasn't using all my fabulous embellishments was because they were carefully hidden on a shelf. So I've changed that:
A friend came to my house the other day, and remarked 'You have enough to scrapbook forever!'. I didn't have the heart to tell her that she was only looking at my scrap paper basket. (It's in the top right, off the edge of this photo). The good stuff is tucked away so the cat can't sit on it. I do, though, make a point of going through my folder every time I need a piece of paper, so at least it gets used.


But the rearranging has paid off, with a great crop of pages lately. I've been having a real urge to scrapbook and haven't been able to do anything about it, because I'm just so busy right now. But there's always next weekend, and I have a few days off work lined up. All this rainy weather is perfect for staying inside and playing with paper.

No comments: