Friday, July 13, 2012

The sweetest feeling

Oh, it feels so good to be back. 
I took a long break from choir earlier this year, and walking through the door to my first rehearsal in months? Very hard. But after about five minutes it was like I'd never been away, and as soon as we start singing I remember why I love it so.
As I write this, I've just got back from our big summer performance. The photos on this page are from a rehearsal earlier in the week, when everything came together and we realised that it was going to be ok. And tonight it was more than 'ok'. Honestly, nothing beats singing in a big group of people when you can hear the harmonies blend and you know that your voice is joining with everyone else to make a sound that is bigger and richer than anything you can do on your own. And when you know a piece really well, and can sing your line with confidence (I'm still working on that bit) so that instead of concentrating on the notes, you can just feel the joy of singing...that is the feeling that I strive for, and it is sweet indeed.

No comments: