Thursday, November 29, 2012

Experimentation

I had a thought that maybe I shouldn't be posting photos of other people on my blog (and in my scrapbook pages) without their permission. Especially Gran, because she doesn't even have the internet and I'm not sure she knows what a blog is? Maybe I've just spent too long working on publications at work. Next thing you know I will be asking people to sign photo release forms. Anyway - that meant that I couldn't put some of my most favourite recent layouts on here. Which is annoying. But entirely self-inflicted, so I am not sure why I was annoyed. I mean, after something like five years of blogging and 14 of being on the internet, it's a bit late to be worrying about over-sharing now. 

So...where does that leave me? With a page that has a photo that's not of a person, of course. There's only so many cat photos I can share with you all, so I decided to use one of my favourite pictures from a visit to Owl & Monkey Haven in September. This poor guy looked like he'd had enough!


Style-wise, I am still trying to experiment. There are lots of lovely pages out there using very pale, monotone colour schemes and I wanted to try and replicate that here. My inspiration was this page which I think is lovely, and so very different from my usual style. I managed to find some pale, delicate papers, and also different textures - using ribbon, ric-rac, washi tape and sticky gems to add some dimension. The stamped dots on the left are maybe a little darker than I would have liked, but that's all part of the charm of stamping directly onto your page. And those dots please me more than you can imagine, because they were made using a stamp set I bought in 2007 and is still going strong. I knew my hoarding would pay off one day.

No comments: