Sunday, December 16, 2012

Journalling my Christmas

The Christmas lurgy has struck early and my crafting has definitely suffered. I am very thankful that I decided to do a small, no pressure album for JYC this year!

The first couple of spreads are done, in their pockets and ready to go in the album. I have a fairly simple system - prompts where I want to write just a few lines get the 'layering' treatment like the one above. Prompts which inspire me to write a bit more get a 6x4 card which I printed a border on, just to make my journalling look neat. And then the other slots are taken up with photos - some of them inspired by the photography prompt, some of them a record of daily activity.


These 12 slots cover days 1-7. Some days I have lots of photos, and other days there aren't any, which is why it's irregular - but I don't mind at all. I am just thrilled to bits with how the pages are growing, and how the cards all work together to make an interesting spread.


It takes a surprising amount of consideration to make the pages balance - photo, journalling, embellishment, what goes in which slot - and I am not sure that I could do this all the time. But for recording lots of smaller memories, it's perfect.

Nine sleeps!

No comments: