Thursday, June 20, 2013

Scrapbook catchup


I always, always write on my pages. Well, almost. There are one or two where I think 'that's pretty' and that's enough, but otherwise there is always a story. As a child I can remember that when I was asked to write a story it would go on for pages and pages without ending. With my scrapbook pages, I make a conscious effort to write something that at least finishes. Sometimes there is more of a twisted tale, sometimes a page is simply a record of something we've done. Either way, it makes my scrapbooks a wonderful place full of memories. And pages without much writing are easy. I usually do them either as a warm-up if I haven't been scrapping for a while, or I will do one quickly at the end of a craft session. Bish bash bosh. 


I've realised that despite having an influx of cute and fluffy things in to the house this year, my photos and scrapbook pages have been disproportionately degu-related. How could I forget the chinchilla?! The answer to that is that he keeps biting me, and also that he is semi-nocturnal and quite difficult to get a good picture of in daylight. More on both of those things to come, don't worry. But Pep is Chris' lil' dude, and it would be remiss of me not to tell the story of how he came to live here.

Writing, writing, writing. Much less about the photo and more about the story. This was not a quick page - it took me a while to figure out how I was going to include such a lengthy story. And then rather than writing it out first, or even typing it and sticking it on, I just went for it. Straight on the page. I think it turned out rather well :) 



No comments: